14 April 2020
DIA business transformation update and Q1 2020 Trading Statement - Group Net Sales of €1.7bn
DIA Group confirmed the successful conclusion of the first phase of its business transformation and issued a trading update for the first quarter of 2020.
DIA business transformation update
- Stephan DuCharme appointed Executive Chairman to lead next phase.
- Strengthened organizational structure with empowered Country CEOs now in place, supported by a strategic DIA Group corporate center
- Operational and commercial transformation well underway driven by reinforced management teams, resulting in improved underlying Q1 2020 trading performance
- Karl-Heinz Holland successfully completes strategic mission at DIA
DIA Q1 2020 Trading Statement
- Group Net Sales of €1.7bn Total Net Sales stable despite 11.7% fewer stores and adverse currency effect in Brazil
- Underlying Like-for-Like growth in Spain and Portugal ahead of COVID-19 outbreak thanks to ongoing business transformation
- Response to COVID-19 situation focused on providing continued support for team members, communities and customers
About DIA Group
DIA Group is a leading proximity food retailer network with 6,626 own and franchise stores in Spain, Portugal, Brazil and
Argentina. DIA sources from local suppliers and serves everyday grocery needs of 20 million loyal customers thanks to its
39,372 employees around the world.